Agency of International Youth Cooperation is a public non-profit institution established in February 1999 by The State Council for Youth Affairs (currently Department of Youth Affairs under the Ministry of Social Security and Labour) and Lithuanian Youth Council (LiJOT).
The main aim of the agency is to ensure the development of international youth cooperation and successful participation of Lithuanian youth in European Union programmes for young people.
- to participate in implementing international commitments of the state in the field of youth policy;
- to cooperate with foreign institutions working in the field of international youth cooperation;
- to provide information about possibilities of international cooperation;
- to provide information to Lithuanian young people on general understanding about youth policy in Lithuania and foreign countries, possibilities of international cooperation, significance of youth initiative to cooperation of state and non-governmental organizations and so on;
- to promote the strengthening of youth cooperation in the county and municipal level (to organize training courses and seminars based on intercultural learning methodology; to encourage youth exchanges and other youth activities organized in the county and municipal level);
- to coordinate providing financial support for international youth cooperation projects from European Union programmes for young people, especially for young people living in the environment unfriendly towards development and knowledge.
Our main goal is to ensure appropriate and effective participation of Lithuanian youth in European Union programmes “Youth” (2000–2006), “Youth in action” (2007–2013) and “Erasmus+” Youth (2014–2020).
For people willing to participate in the programme “Erasmus+“ Youth we:
- provide information about possibilities of participation in European Union programme “Erasmus+“ Youth, youth exchanges, European Voluntary Service, youth workers’ mobility, strategic partnerships, structured dialogue projects and their organizational possibilities;
- help to find partners for youth groups, willing to cooperate with youth from foreign countries, and also for young people and organizations willing to participate in the projects of European Voluntary Service;
- consult and provide methodical information for young people, potential participants of the Programme and youth workers about youth exchanges, intercultural communication, filling in application and project management;
- in case of some uncertainty during the project, we consult promoters of a project and together look for ways to resolve it.
Agency of International Youth Cooperation
Pylimo St 9-7, LT-01118 Vilnius
Tel. +370 5 249 7003
Fax. +370 5 249 7005